Today’s manufacturers face an environment of tight budgets and global competition. As a result, savvy manufacturers have embraced lean manufacturing methods, eliminating waste and increasing operational efficiency. Maximo embraces lean methods through effective asset management by:
- Making the most of critical assets through proper maintenance.
- Reducing downtime to increase production and revenue.
- Complying with governmental regulations and design requirements
Projetech’s Maximo as a Service provides significant financial benefits for manufacturers:
- Reduce cost of operations
- Preserve and leverage capital asset investments
- Increase plant output and decrease waste
- Maximize production and revenue
Projetech’s Maximo as a Service addresses manufacturing asset management regulations:
- EPA (Environmental Protection Agency): Ensure that assets and their usage and storage meet EPA guidelines.
- OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration): Ensure that assets meet safety and other guidelines.
- Local, State, and Federal Facility Regulations: Ensure that assets meet local jurisdiction health, safety, fire and other codes.
A leading electronics manufacturer with five core businesses (semiconductors, LCDs, telecommunications networks, digital appliances, and digital media) improved visibility to available assets by implementing Maximo asset management. The implementation was part of an overall initiative to innovate and standardize all maintenance processes. As such, the Maximo system interfaced to an SAP ERP part numbering system. The manufacturer has seen significant benefits from Maximo, saving $11.3 million through decreased inventory of required spare parts, as well as decreased maintenance cost and equipment downtime.