Aerospace and Defense
Organizations involved in aerospace and defense (A&D) face special challenges. Assets can be complex and expensive, and compliance workload can at times seem monumental. A&D assets can fail at critical times if not maintained properly. Keeping assets in top shape requires effective asset management, including maintenance scheduling, spare parts management, and compliance management. Maximo can help:
- Streamline maintenance programs.
- Support regulatory audits and investigations.
- Optimize spare parts inventories.
- Control contract maintenance costs.
- Manage the impact of service bulletins and airworthiness directives.
Projetech’s Maximo as a Service provides significant financial benefits for government-related organizations:
- Reduce contract maintenance costs.
- Reduce spare parts inventory costs.
- Reduce regulation compliance costs.
Projetech’s Maximo as a Service addresses government-related asset management regulations:
- Government environmental regulations, such as those by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency).
- Governmental safety regulations, such as those by OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration).
- Relevant Local, State, and Federal regulations, such as health, safety, fire, and other codes.
LJT was awarded the NASA Wallops Flight Facility Range Operations Contract to provide comprehensive support services. Part of those services required that the Maximo database be imported into LJT's installation and that LJT provide support for Maximo applications. Although awarded the overall contract, LJT was not familiar with Maximo and would need the assistance of experts, quickly, to support NASA's requirements. LJT Associates had a short window of time to install Maximo and then import NASA's database from an older, non-supported version of Maximo. Projetech implemented an upgraded version of Maximo bundled with their Maximo as a Service solution. Additionally, by signing up for Projetech's Maximo as a Service Premier Support Service, LJT received training in the form of self-paced online training. LJT users were able to complete the training at their convenience and LJT project managers were provided with progress update reports. With Maximo as a Service all critical data is recorded and stored at Projetech's secure, state-of-the-art data center. There is no longer a need for specialized IT staff to oversee Maximo, as Projetech's staff handles it all. Upgrades and administrative support are provided - - and cost savings are realized - - while data is 100% secure and always available.