Alternative, Oil & Gas, Nuclear
Energy companies, whether in traditional oil and gas operations, in nuclear, or in alternative forms, such as wind and solar, all face common problems. Each seeks to provide energy profitably and reliably. But unplanned shutdowns, safety issues, and ever-increasing regulations conspire against them. Maximo leverages automation to address asset management concerns by:
- Monitoring the status of all energy assets to improve safety, reliability, and compliance.
- Leveraging a comprehensive asset management system to manage the assets, from spare parts to complete energy production facilities.
Projetech’s Maximo as a Service provides significant financial benefits for energy providers:
- Reduce asset lifecycle management costs.
- Reduce regulation compliance costs.
- Address specific requirements of energy providers cost-effectively. For example, functionality within oil and gas operations includes failure codes, asset specifications, location details, prioritization matrix, and condition for work.
Projetech’s Maximo as a Service addresses energy asset management regulations:
- FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission): Energy-related statutes, rules, regulations, and tariffs.
- NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission): Health, safety, and other regulations involving assets management.
- EPA (Environmental Protection Organization): Ensure that assets and their usage and storage meet EPA guidelines.
Based in Bloomington, Indiana, Hoosier Energy operates coal, natural gas, and renewable energy power plants. Hoosier was in the process of expanding their usage of Maximo to include all requisitioning and purchasing functions in Version 6. Hoosier was rolling out many new Maximo features and was challenged to train over four hundred employees at four sites. Hoosier was in need of basics training for version 6, and custom training for their requisitioning process, that included a fully developed workflow for approval of purchase requisitions and purchase orders. Since there was training needed for a large group of people, Self-Paced Online Maximo Training was a logical choice. Projetech was able to offer out-of-the box training for version 6 functionality as well as customized training for purchasing processes. Hoosier saved money by utilizing our Self-Paced Online training while also reaping the benefits of being able to train many at their own pace.